Essential information on how to protect data in virtual environments! Virtualization is changing the data center architecture and as a result, data protection is is quickly evolving as well.
This unique book, written by an industry expert with over eighteen years of data storage/backup experience, shows you how to approach, protect, and manage data in a virtualized environment. You'll get up to speed on data protection problems, explore the data protection technologies available today, see how to adapt to virtualization, and more.
The book uses a "good, better, best" approach, exploring best practices for backup, high availability, disaster recovery, business continuity, and more.
• Covers best practices and essential information on protecting data in virtualized enterprise environments
• Shows you how to approach, protect, and manage data while also meeting such challenges as return on investment (ROI), establish service level agreements (SLAs), and more
• Explains data protection issues and technologies in advance, so you can design systems to meet the challenges
• Explains how to make absolutely critical services such as file services and e-mail more available without sacrificing protection
• Offers best practices and solutions for backup, availability, disaster recovery, and others
This is a must-have guide for any Windows server and application administrator who is charged with data recovery and maintaining higher uptimes.